Winter Doldrums? What to do about it
So I don’t know about you but I have the winter doldrums. Between cold weather and kids sports there has not been enough time for my husband and I or just family time. So I have compiled a list of 20 things to do locally to beat these doldrums, maybe I can get to one of them.
1. Tubing at Nashoba Valley Ski Area, Westford MA
2. Skiing or Snowboarding at Nashoba Valley Ski Area
3. Ice Skating at the Winter Ice in Littleton
4. Do a Boston Architecture tour starting at the Boston Public Library
5. Watch some Boston Bruins or college hockey (Harvard, U-Mass Lowell, Northeastern, Boston University) Check out the Beanpot
6. Watch Boston Celtics
7. Do some indoor rock climbing at Vertical Dreams in Nashua
8. Try out Bikram Yoga in Chelmsford
9. Go to the Merrimack Repertory Theatre
10. Enjoy the Museum of Fine Arts (Wednesdays are free after 4 PM) or the Museum of Science
11. See a concert
12. See an event at the Lowell auditorium
13. See chocolate being made
14. Take a Brewery Tour
15. Go see Disney on Ice
16. Check out the Cambridge Antique Market
17. See the Artists at the Western Avenue Studios in Lowell, you can blow glass, take a drawing class, learn to be a sculptor, etc.
18. Check out classes the Roudenbush Center in Westford, they have all sorts of fun classes including wine and beer tasting, classes for kids, martial arts, gymnastics, etc.
19. Go bowling or play indoor golf at Wamesit Lanes in Tewksbury
20. Or instead of the typical Paint Nite, try Plant Nite, have some wine and plant something!
If that does not cut it, now is the time to sell or buy your new home, so you can be in for the spring!